Monday, May 10, 2010

How to Bend Time - Part 1

HOW TO BEND TIME © 2010 Brenda MacIntyre

Now that I've got your attention, let's talk about time.

It's May 10th, 2010 and I've just finished writing a short article about Time. I feel compelled to share more than what was in that article, because I've had some fascinating experiences with time.

Time flies when you're having fun, right?

Nope.

Time flies, period.

With the changes happening to Mother Earth, time really is speeding up. It's NOT your imagination. It's NOT that you just feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. You are NOT going crazy. This is happening for real.

Time is shifting, Mother Earth is shifting, and along with them, we are too.

I had a dream last week that lasted a whole day, from morning to night. When I woke up, I could recall all that had happened during that eventful day in my dream. But here's the thing... less than one hour had passed on the clock in waking reality. Puzzling, right?

Over my lifetime, I’ve had a few dreams like this one. A couple of times it was only 5 to 10 minutes that had passed, and yet my brain had processed an entire day or more of activity.

How does that happen?

What if I told you I’ve experienced this in my waking reality too?

Usually we only notice when time seems to be slipping away. But I have had a few experiences of an hour feeling like a few hours – in my waking reality – during a time of creativity that I would normally experience as time flying by. In other words, where did the time not go?

Maybe you have had this experience yourself. Has an hour ever seemed far longer to you than 60 minutes, in a situation where you’re having great fun?

I’m pretty sure I could find answers to this puzzle in quantum physics. And probably more questions. But for now, let’s just say that time is very much about perception.

What do you think?

Part 2 Coming Next Week (mid-May 2010)

1 comment:

  1. It's physics. As you get older time goes faster and your thighs get larger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment