Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Inspiration is like Lightning

Inspiration is like lightning. It strikes quickly and powerfully, lights up your world and motivates you to take quick action.

I just wrote this quote after being inspired. A task I had to do turned into an inspiration and then turned into another inspiration to write this blog... it's a chain reaction and I love it!

I was invited to co-facilitate a workshop in November and had to send the organizer a bio and summary. I looked up my old workshop on Creating Confidence from Within, which was what they're interested in me presenting. After reading over a few files I had on my previous presentations on this subject, I started writing up a summary. I had a small inspiration about what I was putting together when I was struck with a sudden realization.

What I realized was that I had just found the doorway to an answer I needed that I had just asked my spirit helpers for a couple of days ago!

A couple of weeks ago, I was told by an elder I saw that I will be working with gifted children, and adults, but my first step would be teaching in the school system, for students 10-13 years old. That blew my mind because I had been doing just that recently, with great success, and I have had recent requests to get into what I really love to talk about with youth - how be your true self.

Anyway, back to this sudden realization... The elder had also told me I need to find a way to teach what I do. In my head, I was thinking "Are you nuts?" What a tall order! At the time, I didn't even know how to fully describe the healing work I do, let alone teach it! And it's not like someone taught it to me. It just came to me spontaneously. So I decided to ask my spirit helpers for the solution.

So just moments ago, as I was writing up the summary for this other workshop, I was suddenly flooded with the exact information I needed to start creating a teaching package to send to schools in the Fall... not only that but I was also shown how to teach what I know.

I am so blown away right now! This has come to me just like the songs do... spontaneously and in the form of pure energy. It's like the words are there, and some kind of communication I can't even describe. But I know I don't need to understand the communication or where it's coming from at the moment. I just have to write it down. As soon as my hands touch the keyboard and I look at what I've already written (it was almost like automatic writing), it will just flow.

Now this is what I'm talking about! When inspiration strikes, and you act on it right away, what comes out of that is amazing! It's like a chain reaction, like when you hear thunder and then you see a series of flashes of lightning that just lights up the whole sky and at the same time it lights up different parts of the Earth.

Inspiration lights up different parts of us... the brain, our spirit, our need and ability to self-express, and following that is an urge to take action. If we don't take action on that, we're missing a great opportunity. If we do take action, who knows how huge a chain reaction we will create?

Now I've got to get back to that teaching plan!

Peace, Love & Light,

Brenda

Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman
416.519.SONG (7664)
www.BrendaMacIntyre.com

Listen to music: www.MySpace.com/brendamacintyre
Follow me: www.Twitter.com/healingsinger
Buy CDs: www.cdbaby.com/cd/brendamacintyre

Native Singer/Drummer | Artist| Healer | Speaker
:: Nominee, Best Hand Drum CD, Aboriginal People's Choice Awards 2007
:: 2007 Aboriginal Businesswoman of the Year
:: #1 Canadian Artist in Neo Soul, MySpace.com
:: Author of the forthcoming book "Medicine Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment