Thursday, November 20, 2008

Struck by Nature's Beauty


Have you ever been suddenly struck by the beauty of something created by Nature? The picture above doesn't do the real scene I observed justice at all, but I wanted to share with you what I saw...

I'm sitting here in my home office, looked out the window and was left speechless and motionless for a few moments as tears came to my eyes. Why?

We got quite a bit of snow yesterday and overnight, pretty much a blizzard or what the weather people refer to as a snow squall. But now, outside my window is a scene I wish my windows outside were clean enough to take a picture of.

I see a perfectly blue sky with a couple of tiny wispy clouds floating into view. To the left of that, the tops of two huge maple trees with just a few leaves clinging to the last bit of summer.

Branches in the top left corner of my window are coated in sunlit snow and I can't even put to words the true miracle of beauty I am witnessing. If you're a photographer even as hobby, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's just one of those "kodak moments", undeniably.

The past 3 days have been filled with miracles for me, and this is one more to add to my absolute delight.

Do you ever stop in the middle of the sidewalk and look up to see what's there? Can you hear the birdsong over the traffic? When my daughter was just 3 years old, she taught me to do this and now I do it all the time.

On many clear days, when there are just enough ice crystals and water vapour in the stratosphere, I see rainbows around the sun. I've even seen a triple one twice! I get to catch sight of a rainbow seconds after the rainfall. I'm the one walking in the rain with a smile. Why?

I have been looking up at the sky, listening to the sounds of nature even in the noisy city of Toronto, and looking at the ground with such great interest and intrigue that I can't help but know what will cause a rainbow and where to look. And I swear, sometimes Source just gifts me with a perfect picture such as this one. The moment is over for the glistening trees but it inspired me to write this so I can share with you the sheer glee we call can feel if we allow it.

Overwhelming waves of gratitude are washing over me now, just because I took a few moments out of my busy day to appreciate the glimpse of remarkable beauty that Nature has offered me.

Yes, now I'm ready to go give that Medicine Song Circle, offering traditional Aboriginal healing and and interactive drumming/singing/sharing circle to the community that has supported me for so many years now.

I can feel the life force coursing through me - and that is a magical feeling I will now carry into my healing work today.

To Creator/Source/All That Is...
Chi Miigwech! Many Thanks!

I urge you to take even 2 minutes out of your day after reading this to look up in the sky - and look at it as if you were at a famous museum viewing an incredible piece of art.

-----------------------------------------------

If you're interested in the healing work I do, you can find out more at www.brendamacintyre.com/healing/

Have a magical day!

Love, Light & Gratitude,
Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment